Applying for your mortgage is easier when you’re prepared. Before you meet with your Scotiabank advisor, make sure you have the following documents handy:
For Mortgage Loans
- Agreement of Sale
- Copy of deed/Certificate of Title
- Copies of lease receipts (if applicable)
- Up-to-date land and building taxes and water rates
- Certificate of Compliance
- Two forms of valid identification (identification card, driver's licence, passport)
- Confirmation of savings/debt
- Job letter
- Recent pay slip
- If self-employed, evidence to support income e.g. financial statements for the last 12 months or more
- Builder’s risk and comprehensive home insurance coverage
For New Construction Loans
- Approved building plans
- Builder's detailed estimate
- Building contract
- Quantity surveyor's report
Please note, this list may not include everything your specialist requires to complete your application.
You can own the home of your dreams sooner. Contact our nearest Scotiabank branch to find out how.
Thinking of buying or building a home?
Use our helpful Mortgage Calculators to calculate the mortgage you can afford.